Tested Browser Against EFF's Cover Your Tracks

I tested GhosteryDawn against EFF’s Cover Your Tracks and this is the (partial) result:

Blocking tracking ads? Yes
Blocking invisible trackers? Partial protection
Protecting you from fingerprinting? Your browser has a nearly-unique fingerprint

Your Results

Within our dataset of several hundred thousand visitors tested in the past 45 days, only one in 144278.5 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours.

Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys 17.14 bits of identifying information.

I did not want to cut and paste the whole thing since it could be overwhelming but I hope this makes my point. These results are even with the Plus features installed.

Here is a link to the website:

Brave has a feature to randomize a user’s fingerprint. Perhaps you all could develop something similar?

Hey there! Welcome to our feedback community!

First of all, thanks for doing this! So far, Ghostery Extension and Ghostery Dawn do not prevent fingerprint creation but its usage. This is thanks to our anti-tracking technology which, compared to other products, comes with less breakage.

Nonetheless, we’ll definitely keep in our radar your suggestion. We strive to make everything privacy-centric and this is important!

If you have additional feedback or comments, bring 'em in!

-Ada

Thank you and I did. I started a new subject.

1 Like