Ghostery Midnight - 1.3.0 is here with Big Sur support!

We’re constantly working to improve your Midnight experience. Most notably, Midnight 1.3.0 introduces support for macOS’s Big Sur. If running macOS Big Sur, please ensure you have updated to the latest version.

Click here to download the latest version of Midnight

Here’s a look of what has changed in the latest version, 1.3.0.

New:

• Support for macOS Big Sur :rocket:
  • Support for the upcoming Ghostery Privacy Browser for desktop :shushing_face:
  • Added loading icon during proxy connection :hourglass_flowing_sand:

Improved:

• Update documentation to reflect Mozilla’s renaming of ‘Master Password’ to ‘Primary Password’ :closed_lock_with_key:
  • Error logging :mag:
  • Updated color theme for toggles :lower_left_paintbrush:
  • Updated dependencies :family_man_woman_girl_boy:
  • Blocking pattern matching :no_entry_sign:

Fixed:

• Installation failures on some windows hardware :bug:
  • UI Logs not being stored properly :bug:
2 Likes

Hey,

Great with the new update - A lot smoother now :smiley:

I have some problems though:

1. Services like Proton VPN and Protonmail Bridge doesn’t work with Ghostery Midnight. The services think the connection is insecure. If I want to use their services then I have do disable Midnight…
  2. When Ghostery turns on at startup and there isn’t an internet-connection, it won’t connect (obsessively). But it would be nice if it could automatically reconnect, when interconnection is established.
  3. I can’t turn on the option for Midnight to start in minimized mode.

Hi @User6 - Thanks so much for the feedback! Good news, the start minimized setting is in our newest update, v 1.3.1 release. I’ll also let the development team know about the issues with Protonmail bridge/vpn.

As far as reconnecting when no internet connection is available, it should try again about every minute. Is this not happening for you or are you thinking we be checking more frequently?